"I have always been fascinated with Chinese Medicine and coming from a holistic family, I was blessed to be taken for acupuncture as a child for injuries sustained in athletics.
I continued that tradition into my adult life. When living in Switzerland, I was offered acupuncture as part of my routine care when I was experiencing problems in pregnancy. After this experience, I knew that I wanted to study this amazing practice and help support choice in complimentary therapies.
CICM was suggested by an acupuncturist I know and recommended for its high-quality tuition and professional approach. I knew I wanted to explore a degree course and after my open day experience I knew it had to be CICM.
I love everything about CICM, and how everyone is kind and accommodating. The admin team are absolutely wonderful and the teachings are detailed and challenging. The lecturers teach with a level of passion that’s inspiring. Point location is always extremely insightful and the tips gained from the practical teachers are skills that I will carry always in my practice."
Studying with us
Why study our BSc acupuncture course?
The College of Integrated Chinese Medicine offers a 3 year full time acupuncture degree course with the option of attending at weekends (spring intake) or weekday (autumn intake). We are validated by University College of Osteopathy and students are eligible for student loans. The course is accredited by the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board and all our graduates are eligible to join the main professional body, the British Acupuncture Council.
We are the largest UK acupuncture college and one of the keys to the strong reputation of our college is the popularity of integration with acupuncturists whose recommendations provide us with the majority of our students.
Another reason for our success is the quality of our teaching staff and our commitment to staff development. Ever mindful of ways to improve teaching and learning processes, we have an ongoing teacher development programme and all teachers are engaged in regular clinical practice and are experienced acupuncturists.
What we offer
- Graduates are awarded a BSc (Hons) degree as well as a licentiate in acupuncture (Lic Ac). We believe that university validation is an essential requirement for all courses training healthcare professionals
- University College of Osteopathy is a university with excellent educational standards and a similar ethos to our own
- Graduates of BAAB accredited courses are eligible to join the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), the UK's lead governing body for acupuncture
- You will learn the two main styles of acupuncture taught in this country, five element constitutional style and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), so your patients can benefit from both styles of treatment
- We offer two study options: a weekend or a weekday course, allowing you to choose the option which fits best with your other commitments
- You will be attending classes in the beautiful learning environment. Our Georgian grade 2 listed buildings are at the heart of the lively town of Reading, Berkshire
- Study skills sessions, learning support and regional groups to help you learn